So I’m heading home shortly….and its a long-ass flight. My total travel time this go round is about 27 hours – yay! So the one thing I always make sure, is that I have more than enough to keep myself busy. I am pretty good at sleeping on flights, but I tend to stay awake regardless. So what am I taking in my carry on bag…
1. Ponds fresh wipes – these are FANTASTIC for long flights. I try to minimize the amount of liquids and stuff I take on so that there is less time caught up in security (don’t worry – it still doesn’t work). These wipes are basically my make-do face wash for the flight itself and layovers.
2. Carmex lip balm – I cannot stress this enough. LIP BALM! LIP BALM! LIP BALM! Air travel can be REALLY drying and if you are anything like me (don’t be like me) you minimize the amount of liquids you drink so that you don’t have to use those airplane toilets (eesh). I know. I am a bad..don’t tell my mum.
3. Professor Layton – this is some serious entertainment. I love love love this series – I have all the games so far except for the newest one as I do not yet have a Nintendo 3DS. Perhaps one day, probably by the time I finish the last Layton game i own, I will convince myself its a necessary purchase
4. Big Red – no words necessary. I am addicted to Big Red, and its the best way to keep your mouth cinnamony (real word) fresh while flying. SRS.
5. Burt’s Bees Aloe & Witch Hazel Hand Sanitizer. I know I said I try to minimize liquids while flying, but this is a must have. Hand Sanitizer that contains no alcohol, doesn’t dry your hands out and actually smells good? Sign me up!
6. Travel hair brush. As much as I know my parents love me, I would prefer to step off the plane looking as least like Cousin It as possible. Hence the hair brush – it even has a handy dandy mirror, Blue!
7. Pen – Helloooooo Custom Forms. Also, try not to spill OJ all over yourself and the Custom Forms right after take off and just before a 14 hour flight. Not that that happened to me or anything..
8. Kindle – I never travel without a book or five hundred. I have jammed my Kindle full of books and tried to keep it out of my site for the last month so that I am not tempted to read everything before I step on the plane. So far so good…but there are still 3 more sleeps to go…
So…my bags are (mostly) packed and I am (somewhat) ready to go!