Well…no one ever said I was quick on the uptake…so here goes nothing (a little late, but just as loved!)
Look Ma! I got an award!
So here’s the deal. The fun part of the Versatile Blogger Award is passing on the happy. I get to choose some of my other favourite new-ish-type blogs who I think are awesome and could use a little pep (like everyone needs on a cold morning!) So here are my choices..
Martina & Jesse at Adventures in Building Beauty
I *adore* this blog – I love that Martina doesn’t hold back on truly describing the trials and tribulations of a DIY-er.
Girl – i feel you!
Elisa at The Self Life
Another of my very favourite blogs. I love watching the projects that Elisa creates, come to life and i absolutely love seeing all the pictures of her furry family
Melanie at Mailbox Journey
This is one of my new additions to my reading list. I’m still new to her blog, but i wanted to pass on the well wishes and say hey! Keep doing what you’re doing…it’s awesome!
The second part of the versatile blogger award is to share 7 things about yourself, so here goes nothing…
- I was born in Perth, Western Australia and I moved every two years for the first 16 years of my life. I was an army brat! We lived all over Australia and even moved to Ft. Benning GA for two years. In 2002 i left my home in Perth and moved to Washington DC. I’ve been here ever since.
- I love the Outback Steakhouse (as do my parents – we always go there for dinner when they visit) and I love collecting their little coasters with the fun ‘aussie-style’ sayings on them. I have a bunch at home that want to frame.
- I have a ridiculous sense of humour. I love to laugh and I am definitely not above having a (small) giggle at fart jokes. HEE! FART! It’s even funny when you type it. Okay…sorry. *cough*
- My real name is Leanne but I go by many other names – Tinkerbell, Mac, Lala, Air. Take your pick. I love them all!
- I have a degree in Environmental Science, but I work full time in the Interior Design field. Which i LOVE.
- I love watching horror movies, but I FREAK out when i watch those true haunting stories on TV. Yes, i am a wacko. It’s okay I’m well aware of this
- I love to knit. I am currently working on my crochet skills, but it’s just too easy to pick up my needles and knit up quick and easy mice toys for the kitties in the house. I’m also working on teaching myself to quilt. Slow and steady wins the race, right? I might be finished last years birthday present by sometime next year…or perhaps that’s wishful thinking
So thanks! This was fun…this week needed a smile